Saturday, April 30, 2005

greets for haze

*yawns* its 7 in the morning on a saturday... haven't had breakfast yet. currently listening to five for fighting's "Dying" (oops... it just ended). hehe. anyhow, i'm in the mood for some mush, so might as well post one mushy (well i'll try not to) birthday greeting.

i think i've pretty much said enough in lesther's surprise, (oh yeah, i won't post this until sunday. hehe. ^-^) but what the hell.

dearest haze,

its been what? nearly 4 years since i pulled you around the halls of BA getting members to sign your sig sheet. wow, time really flies so fast. i still have no answer for that question you asked me one time when we were at SM north; "paano tayo naging close?". trust me, i'm just as clueless as that guy, jimmy, from beerkada. come to think of it, what's the use in asking? i'm just happy that God gave me to you. really... no kidding... uhm... well... yeah. ^-^

if you've read my message on lesther's gift, you'd probably tell me, "yuck" and "mushy". seriously, i had no intentions of going down memory lane. i wrote the message immediately after i got the note from lesther. it amazes me that i remember a lot of the things we did in college. and it amazes me more that they are mostly happy thoughts, like the ones you see on tv? those mushy seens like walking while talking, sitting on a bench, etc. either that or i'm relating too much on dawson's creek. hehe.

thanks for everything, for the memories, for the unsolicited advice, for the reality checks (since you'll be reading this, i still need them, just so you know. ^-^), the kwento, the concern, the care, the chance to mentally torture you every once in a while *evil grin*, everything. you have no idea how you and cham influenced me to become more positive and look at the world in a different light. yes, i am cynical... and i guess i will always be. but now i know that i don't have to be. there are a lot of beautiful things in life, i just need to appreciate them to be happy, no matter how small and simple they are - and i have you to thank for teaching me this. believe me, i'm a lot happier now than i was when you first met me. i have reasons to smile, reasons to be happy, reasons to say, "hey, this crappy world isn't such a bad place afterall".

you'd probably read my greets for cham as well, the last part is also for you. if you need someone to listen to you, i'm here. if you need to cry, cry on my shoulder. if you need to let your wacky side out, go ahead and let it out on me. if there's a way for me to make you happy, tell me. i've said it over and over; your happiness is important to me. that line's not for cham alone...

happy birthday! and i hope this friendship would last a lifetime. *hugs* (nuninuninuninu... ^-^)

this really isn't something i'd dedicate to you.. it just happened to be the track playing in my list. ^-^

Sleeps With Butterflies
Tori Amos


Airplanes
Take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy

Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy

No comments: