Friday, May 12, 2006

double entry

signs of working

This would probably be the first time I felt that I was actually working.

Overtime. Though I can get off at six, I tend to extend for atleast an hour more – not because I had to go babysit sas people, but because I actually have work to do. Deadlines aren’t so strict, atleast not just yet, but I’d rather do my tasks than to stay in doing nothing. It’s the first time I stayed at work ‘til 12mn. I even got sick because I was working late and going to work early. People can call me ‘loser’ now.

Conflicts.
There was a time that I couldn’t submit a deliverable because of overlapping tasks. I’m virtually serving 3 masters, and there came a point that I don’t know who to obey first. This wasn’t the case with my former job even I was a research associate to 4 PhD professors.

Actual work. Not the clerical ones, though I still get that every now and then. I’m doing some project-related stuff now – even got to write my first macro program, and actually having something sensible to say during meetings.

Though it doesn’t seem so boring now, I still want to do more with this job. Maybe I’m just too eager for my own good, but I hope I can learn more new things soon.

some odd things

I want to play around with pictures. I have this urge to do pictures and some photo manipulations. I’ve always imagined having my very own pictures framed to my walls – with family, friends, and nature being my subjects, probably because I got to watch ‘a lot like love’ during one of those long weekends. I also remembered some dawson’s creek pictures in black&white. I want to have pictures like those displayed in my room, and eventually in my own house.

…too bad I still don’t have photoshop installed.

I’m haunted by words again. The other day, words were repeating themselves over and over my head. I usually get this when I’m depressed. I got a hold of cate’s PC and managed to write a poem in less than 10 minutes – with words just popping out. I erased it after.

It’s a bad sign. I hope it was just because of the drugs I took for my colds.

I can’t seem to save. After zambales, I’ve been doing my best to save up since registration is less than a month from now. Plus my sister and I plan to invest on a mutual fund. Aside from the gifts I got from my birthday, I haven’t had anything new. I haven’t bought anything for myself lately.

…and still I find myself broke.

I couldn’t open as much as I could before. Ewan ko ba…

No comments: