Warning: this is not the usual happy thought you’ve been reading for quite sometime now.
I was at a meeting this afternoon with the head of my client's marketing and product development department. We were discussing details of the design for the project. I swear I could understand most of what was being discussed. I could even come up with sensible questions (the ones nikki wants us to formulate before actually going to a meeting).
Then it hit me.
Is this really what I want?
yeah, weird. I know.
Maybe this is just another “quarter-life crisis” attack of some sort. But I couldn’t see myself staying in a work such as this. Yes, it entails a lot of analysis, a little programming, and a lot of discussions with clients who, at one point or another, will become unreasonably annoying due to outrageous remarks and seemingly nerve-racking requests.
Maybe I’m not cut out for high-stress work.
Maybe I’m better off being my own boss.
Maybe I’m a lot happier doing the things I really want.
But that’s just it.
Sometimes I wish I was rich enough to be able to do the things that I really like – concentrate on the arts and develop whatever talent I have at drawing and digital painting. Learn how to do animations and possibly learn a little programming for gaming designs. I may not make much money out of it, but at least I have the rest of my life to try and perfect it and, one day, be recognized even by a small group of people – that the full-length animation I’ve been dreaming of doing would be shown at a local TV station once every week – that I get to finish one whole comic book series that would reflect present events and provide morals for everyone reading it…
Maybe I need to silence that kid in me for a while, or at least lecture him that there are things that we want to do, and there are things we have to do – for whatever reason…
No comments:
Post a Comment