It was rather nice to be seated in the MRT for once…
I’ve been getting Inquirer Libre for 3 consecutive days now. It’s nice to have something to read while waiting for my station.
I was reading through the pages until you came in and stood in front of me, having no more seats available.
I didn’t notice you because I was busy reading the headline. It was about the SWS survey results that Filipinos are still proud despite the chaotic scenario the country is facing. And that pride hasn’t changed over the years.
When I got the chance to look up to check how many people were onboard, I saw you – a breath of fresh air on what would seem to be a boring day. I couldn’t help but take a second look, and a third one, and another one, and another one. You had a rather familiar face; I just don’t know where I’ve seen you. And then I thought…
Should I give my seat to you? It’s Friday and I’m carrying all my used clothes with me. It’s rather heavy and I wouldn’t want to stand up.
A few minutes of thinking… What the hell. It’s not like my arm will fall off if I stand for the rest of the trip carrying this bag.
“Miss, dito ka na…”
and I gave my seat to you.
“thank you…” was your only reply.
“A smile would be good enough a reward…” I said. I don’t normally say things like that to total strangers. Perhaps it was the fact that I only get to see you once, might as well make a fool out of myself. You wouldn’t see me after anyway. A few seconds after, I realized that it was a corny line. Score one for the corny loser.
And you smiled…
“…akin na yung bag mo, tutal pinaupo mo naman ako. Tsaka baka malaglag bigla yung braso mo…” you said in a comic manner.
“Thanks…” I said smiling. “Where do you get off? Buendia lang ako, nakakahiya naman saýo”
“sa buendia din. Ok lang. kawawa ka naman eh, nakatayo ka na nga, ang bigat pa ng dala mo…”
“saan ka sa buendia? If you don’t mind me asking…”
“secret, baka puntahan mo pa ako eh” – assuming, but cute nonetheless.
“Nakakainis noh? Kelangang pumasok nang maaga…” I was trying to make a conversation.
“Oo nga eh. Pero wala namang choice…” you replied, seemingly comfortable taking to a stranger. “Saan ka sa buendia nagwwork?” you asked.
“Bakit ko sasabihin? Ikaw nga di mo sinabi kung saan ka sa Buendia eh…”
“Good point… eh bakit ang dami mong dala?”
“Uuwi kasi ako ng province later after work. Ayoko na dumaan ng apartment kaya dinala ko na.”
“I see…”
Funny a few exchange of lines can make time fly. I didn’t notice we were already at the station. I was staring at your eyes while we were talking.
“Well, this was rather weird…I got to talk to a perfect stranger”
“Do you need a name or something?”
“I’d appreciate it, but it’s a lot more fun if we just don’t say it”, I didn’t know what I was thinking. This was probably my chance, but I obviously blew it.
“Guess I’ll see you around…”
“Yeah, bye…”
It was a rather nice scenario on a Friday morning before I go to work. I didn’t know angels take the MRT too.
P.S.: this story is part true. =)
2 comments:
Ehem...
partly true? what do you mean?
any part that was real?
hehe. part of it really happened. which part? go figure. ;p
Post a Comment